Pitch New Works
Pitch Project Directory
Leadership Development Programs
Community Building Program
The Pitch New Works Program is a forum for creators and arts professionals to share and discover new performing arts projects. Twice a year, ten selected participants present their new work to the international delegation of performing arts professionals at an ISPA congress. Projects vary across discipline, scale, and country of origin and go on to secure project support, representation, touring opportunities and more as a result of their participation.
Notification of Status
February 1, 2017
March 1, 2017
March 27, 2017
May 25, 2017
To apply to the Pitch New Works Program, please download and review the application guidelines and submit the online application form. Applications are reviewed and selected by the Pitch New Works Review Committee which consists of ISPA members and staff. All materials should be submitted in English.
*Note: The application deadline will not be extended, and late and/or incomplete submissions will not be accepted. To be complete, materials and application fee (when required) must be received prior to the deadline.
A proposed project must:
- Be in development with the premiere planned within the next two years; or
- Have recently premiered and has not yet toured outside its region of origin.
For the 2017 Montréal Congress, priority will be given to projects that reflect the diversity and character of Canada.
Additional considerations include:
- Generally, projects that premiered more than three years prior to the date of the Pitch New Works session will not be considered.
- Multidisciplinary and/or cross-cultural projects are particularly attractive to ISPA delegates, though all project types and applications will be considered.
- Submissions from the canon and/or remounts will be
considered where there is evidence of a substantially new interpretation and a
new production team.
Applicants do not need to be ISPA members. ISPA welcomes all eligible applications.
- Day Pass registration to the Montréal 2017 ISPA Congress for pitch presenter(s) (May 25, 2017)
- Table and priority placement at ProEx
- Project feature on ISPA's Pitch Project Directory
If selected to participate in the Pitch New Works session at the New York 2017 ISPA Congress, participants must be present on May 25, 2017 to:
- Attend a technical run-through lasting up to 2 hours, held at 8:15 am, immediately preceding the Pitch Session
- Participate in the Pitch New Works session, (10:00am - 12:00pm) and ProEx (Professional Exchange) (12:00 - 2:00 pm)
A non-refundable 50 USD application fee is payable to ISPA upon submission of each application by non-members.
ISPA-members receive a one-time application fee waiver. Members wishing to submit more than one project are required to submit 50 USD per additional application.
Information on how to complete the payment can be found in the Application Guidelines.
Questions? Contact Nora Fleury at email@example.com or 1 212 206 8490 x201.