Position and Responsibilities
The International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) is seeking an intern for Spring 2019. Reporting to the Manager of Membership and Events (MME), the Membership and Events Intern will provide administrative support to the ISPA team, which is gearing up for the International Congress held in Guadalajara, Mexico in May 2019. Two major areas of responsibility include processing event registrations and providing customer service to members and prospective members. This is a paid position. Application Deadline: January 25, 2019
Working with the MME, the intern provides important support for all congress registration and events leading up to the congress, including:
- Coordinate the registration process - responding to registration inquires and processing registrations
- Coordination of materials and supplies required for the Congress
- Assist with the maintenance of the Congress website
- Process and file invoices
ISPA has a diverse membership of over 500 members representing 50 different countries. The intern will be involved with ongoing communications with this membership constituency, including:
- Assist the MME in responding to requests for support and information from all customers including ISPA members
- Process membership applications, assist new members with setting up their online accounts
- Troubleshoot issues with member accounts
Additionally, ISPA will be undertaking a redesign of the website during this time. The Intern will be involved in making upgrades to the website and assessing the user experience as the project progresses.
Qualifications and Skills
- Currently enrolled or recent graduate of an arts management program or related field
- Internship or work experience with Cultural or Non-Profit Organizations
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Fluency in Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge
- Efficient and organized with a keen attention to detail
- Fluency or conversational skills in a second language (specifically Spanish) desirable but not required
- Work well in a team environment where a small staff is responsible for a variety of tasks and initiatives
The internship begins the week of February 18, 2019 and concludes May 24, 2019. This position is part-time at 20-24 hours per week. Compensation is $500 USD per month, plus monthly metro card reimbursement. ISPA’s office is located in Manhattan. The intern will not be traveling with the staff to the congress in Mexico.
About the Organization
The International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA), is a global association of arts management leaders, who come together with the shared goal of strengthening the arts internationally by building leadership ability; recognizing and discussing field-wide trends and new developments, and deepening global exchange through the arts. We achieve this through professional congresses, professional development programs, resource sharing, and online exchange.