The International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) is a global association of arts management leaders, who come together with the shared goal of strengthening the arts internationally by building leadership ability, recognizing and discussing field-wide trends and new developments, and deepening global exchange through the arts. We achieve this through professional congresses, leadership development programs, resource sharing, and exchange.
Guided by a strategic plan, ISPA supports more than 500 members in 60 countries around the globe. In addition to two annual congresses, ISPA supports multiple leadership development programs and regional events. With a small but committed team of 5, the work environment is positive, collaborative, and encouraging of initiative.
Position and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Administrator role is diverse including responsibility for office management, providing support services to the CEO, the ISPA Board of Directors and all committees, and contributing to the general team environment. The incumbent will also support ISPA’s annual New York Congress planning committee and provide general assistance in realizing a successful Congress.
Specific responsibilities will include:
ISPA’s offices in Manhattan support a small staff of five full-time positions and a seasonal intern in a shared environment. The responsibilities include:
- Perform accounting tasks including day to day bookkeeping (QuickBooks), invoicing, accounts receivable and supporting annual budgeting and audit processes
- Reception including answering telephones (as applicable); greeting guests in a shared reception environment; providing support services to members visiting the ISPA office
- General office administration including overseeing office supplies inventory, sorting and delivering mail and deliveries and ensuring a well maintained environment that is clean and organized at all times
- Other duties as assigned
ISPA holds an annual Congress in January in New York and an international Congress mid-year (2019 – Guadalajara, 2020 – Taipei, 2021 - Reykjavik). Working with the CEO and other staff, this position provides important support to the Congresses:
- Support the Planning committee through active participation including but not limited to coordinating all meetings and preparing agendas and meeting minutes
- Liaise with program participants and speakers to coordinate and book travel and accommodation
- Other duties as assigned
Ongoing support to the CEO is an important element of the position. Responsibilities include:
- Liaise and provide support to the board of directors and committees including creating and distributing meeting minutes, meeting agendas and other materials as may support the work of the committees
- Maintain CEO schedule
- Make travel arrangements as necessary
- A diploma or related university degree
- Three years experience in this or a related role
- A demonstrated appreciation and knowledge of the performing arts in a global environment
- Attention to detail, well organized and efficient
- Work well in a team environment where a small staff are responsible for a variety of tasks and initiatives
- Ability to work on many initiatives for different groups at the same time
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Experienced and knowledgeable with day to day accounting and the use of QuickBooks
- Facility with Microsoft Office programs
- Familiarity with CRMs
- A second language is a definite asset
Terms: Full-time, 1-Year contract, with expectation to renew, competitive salary plus benefits
Location: Manhattan with some travel. Applicants must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
ISPA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.