- Sweden Fellowship
The 2017 - 2019 Sweden Fellowship Program is currently in progress. Please check back periodically for renewed program availability.
Meet the current Fellows
The Sweden Fellowship Program 2017 - 2019, supported by Musikverket and Svensk Scenkonst, provides up to three year access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to five early to mid-career leaders from Sweden's performing arts (music) community. Participants join the ISPA membership and attend the New York ISPA Congress where they engage in the development and exchange of ideas with leaders from some of the world's most significant arts organizations, increase their industry knowledge and resources through educational opportunities, and share their experience with their communities.
Notification of Status
2017 Program Dates
2018 Program Dates
2019 Program Dates
August 2, 2016
September 1, 2016
October 14, 2016
January 9-12, 2017
January 8-11, 2018
To apply to the Sweden Fellowship Program, please download and review the application instructions and submit the online application form. Applications are reviewed and selected by ISPA and Musikverket/ Svensk Scenkonst.
|*Note: The application deadline will not be extended, and late and/or incomplete submissions will not be accepted. ISPA welcomes all eligible applications.
In 2017, Fellows receive:
- One-year ISPA membership with access to all member benefits
- Full Pass registration to the New York 2017 Congress (January 10 - 12, 2017) including a one-day Seminar prior to the Congress (January 9, 2017)
- Up to $2,175 US to assist with travel and accommodation expenses related to attending the Congress
Pending a successful review, Fellows are eligible to participate for up to two additional years and receive the same benefits as listed for year one of the program.
The Sweden Fellowship Program seeks to engage leaders both freelance and employed by an institution within the professional music sector of the performing arts. Particular attention will be paid to gender equality and diversity aspects regarding the outcome of the entire application round and the selection of Fellows. Participants must be based in Sweden and be interested in developing their careers and the field they work in through an extended engagement with ISPA.
- Be permanent residents or citizens of Sweden
- Be currently employed/working in the performing arts in music related capacity. Be working with the freelance, independent music sector either from the perspective of an institution/venue or as a freelance project leader/ producer, promoter, artists' agent. It is important that you have a strong vision, ideas and plans to increase the collaboration between the freelance/ independent music sector and the institutional music and performing arts sector. Awareness of culture political goals such as gender equality, accessibility, and diversity is also important.
- Have a minimum of five years professional experience in the arts
- Not currently be a member of ISPA (nor have been one in the past three years) or associated with a current organizational ISPA member
- Have not received an ISPA Fellowship in the past
- Have the ability to attend and fully participate in ISPA for the next three years
There is no fee to submit an ISPA Fellowship application.
|ISPA would like to thank Musikverket and Svensk Scenkonst for making this program possible.
Questions? Contact Nora Fleury at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1 212 206 8490 x201.