Announcing Melbourne 2016 ISPA Congress Pitch Presenters
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
ISPA is thrilled to announce the ten selected Pitch New Works projects that will be presented at the Melbourne 2016 ISPA Congress!
These ten projects represents an exciting mix of genres and disciplines and include many cross cultural collaborations which increasingly are reflected in Australia’s vibrant arts community. We are also delighted that long-time ISPA member Robyn Archer AO will reprise her role as the host of the Pitch New Works session. The ten projects include:
- Backbone | Dance | Canada | Red Sky Performance/The Banff Centre
- Caught in the Middle | Theatre | Australia | KAGE
- Chengdu Teahouse Project | Interdisciplinary Music Theatre | Australia/China | Chamber Made Opera
- Everybody | Theatre | Australia | Snuff Puppets
- Morning Star | Multi-disciplinary | Australia | Performing Lines with La Comete Scene Nationale
- Piece for Person and Ghetto Blaster | Theatre | Australia | Performing Lines for Nicola Gunn
- The Rabbits | Opera/Music Theatre | Australia | Opera Australia
- Separation Street | Theatre | Australia | Polyglot Theatre
- Under the Horizon | Dance/Hybrid Opera | Taiwan/Japan/Netherlands | Huang Yi Studio + and Nederlands Kamerkoor
- The Wider Earth | Puppetry/Drama | Australia | Queensland Theatre Company and Dead Puppet Society
The Pitch projects were selected from a competitive pool of 56 applications by ISPA’s Pitch New Works Committee (Chaired by Piotr Turkiewicz, Head of the Music Management & International Relations at the National Forum of Music in Poland; and including David Baile, CEO, ISPA; Alison Friedman, Founder, Ping Pong Productions; Igor Lozada, Director, Universidad de Guadalajara; Michael Stevens, Director of Programming, Arts Centre Melbourne; and Hanako Yamaguchi, Director, Music Programming, Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts).
Delegates of the upcoming Melbourne 2016 ISPA Congress can catch these 10 remarkable projects at the Pitch New Works session, Friday, June 3rd, 2016 at the Melbourne Recital Centre.
*Photo: Pitch New Works session from past ISPA congresses