ISPA Now Accepting Applications for Pitch New Works session at the New York 2017 ISPA Congress
Monday, August 22, 2016
For Immediate Release
ISPA Now Accepting Applications for
New York 2017 ISPA Congress Pitch New Works
Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - The International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) is now accepting applications for Pitch New Works, a forum for creators and presenters to promote their new performing arts projects that are in development, or that have recently premiered. Selected projects will be pitched at the New York 2017 ISPA Congress on January 11, 2017. Information on how to apply can be found on the Pitch New Works section of the ISPA website (www.ispa.org). The deadline to submit an application is Friday, September 23, 2016 at 17:00 ET.
About Pitch New Works
Ten applicants will be selected to "pitch” their new work to more than 400 performing arts professionals from over 50 countries at the New York 2017 ISPA Congress. Participants will have seven minutes to present their new work and three minutes to answer delegate questions, facilitated by the host. After the session, participants have the opportunity to interact with delegates during ProEx (Professional Exchange), ISPA’s informal networking session where interested parties can inquire about providing project support, premiere dates, touring opportunities, etc. Those interested in presenting a new project to an international delegation of performing arts industry professionals should consider Pitch New Works. Projects vary in discipline, scale, and country of origin.
Eligibility & How to Apply
A proposed project must:
• Be in development with the premiere planned within the next two years; or
• Have recently premiered and has not yet toured outside its region of origin.
Other considerations include:
• Generally, projects that premiered more than three years prior to the date of the Pitch New Works session will not be considered.
• Multidisciplinary and/or cross-cultural projects are particularly attractive to ISPA delegates, though all project types and applications will be considered.
• Submissions from the canon and/or remounts will be considered where there is evidence of a substantially new interpretation and a new production team.
Applicants do not need to be ISPA members (50 USD non-member application fee applies).
Applications will be reviewed by a committee of ISPA members chaired by ISPA Board Member, Piotr Turkiewicz (National Forum of Music, Poland).
Pitch New Works will be held at the Times Center in New York on January 11, 2017.
To learn more about ISPA and how to apply to the Pitch New Works program, please visit the ISPA website.
>> DOWNLOAD PRESS RELEASE <<
For Additional Information Please Contact:
Nora Fleury, email@example.com
ISPA | International Society for the Performing Arts
630 9th Avenue, Suite 213, New York, NY 10036-4752
Tel: +1 (212) 206-8490 x201
| find us on Facebook