Applications Accepted for Pitch New Works at New York 2020 ISPA Congress
Tuesday, August 13, 2019
New York, NY, USA (Tuesday, August 13, 2019) - The International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) is now accepting applications for Pitch New Works, a forum for creators and presenters to promote their new performing arts projects that are in development, or that have recently premiered. Selected projects will be pitched at the New York 2020 ISPA Congress on January 15, 2020. Applicants do not need to be ISPA members (50 USD non-member application fee applies). The deadline to submit an application is Friday, September 13, 2019 at 17:00 EDT.
About Pitch New Works
Ten applicants will be selected by a committee of ISPA members chaired by ISPA Board Member, Piotr Turkiewicz (National Forum of Music, Poland), to pitch their new work to more than 500 performing arts professionals from over 50 countries at the New York 2020 ISPA Congress. They will have seven minutes to present their new work and three minutes to answer delegate questions, facilitated by the host. After the session, participants have the opportunity to interact with delegates during ProEx (Professional Exchange), ISPA’s informal networking session where interested parties can inquire about providing project support, premiere dates, touring opportunities, etc.
Eligible projects must:
- Be in development with the premiere planned within the next two years; or
- Have recently premiered and has not yet toured outside its region of origin.
Other considerations include:
- Generally, projects that premiered more than three years prior to the date of the Pitch New Works session will not be considered.
- Multidisciplinary and/or cross-cultural projects are particularly attractive to ISPA delegates, though all project types and applications will be considered.
- Submissions from the canon and/or remounts will be considered where there is evidence of a substantially new interpretation and a new production team.
- Previously accepted projects are not eligible to re-apply unless there is evidence of a substantial revisiting.
- Generally, projects submitted more than 2 times prior will not be considered.
Learn more and apply: https://www.ispa.org/page/pnw_landing
View past projects: http://www.ispa.org/search/custom.asp?id=612